This is a simple add-on developed by Karapoti Consulting for iMIS20-300 clients.
- You must be running the iMIS Staff View
- iMIS20-300 version 20.2
- You *should* have a “test” XERO account we can use to prove (and tailor if required) the functionality
- And we need remote access to your iMIS Application Server to install the module.
In Staff Site, at the end of the day, the Accounts staff will navigate to Finance > XERO Exports Step 1:
Close and post all open batches. Step 2:
Click Inventory Items to generate the Inventory Items Import spreadsheet. Upload this into XERO. This brings across new inventory items including the latest events (which are imported into Xero as Products), ensuring that any sales against the inventory items will not be rejected as not having a matching inventory item. Step 3:
Click Sales Invoices to generate the Sales Invoices Import spreadsheet. Upload this into XERO. This will import individual invoices including each line item and the details of the account the invoice is raised against. Step 4:
After satisfactory upload to XERO, ensure you run a GL Export. This has a dual purpose:
- flags the transactions as being exported (preventing a second upload to XERO)
- Processes any deferrals that are due
• The Inventory Items upload
includes all products and events (as each Event can have its own GL code)
• The Sales Invoices upload
contains all invoices raised since the last GL Export. It will not include any invoices raised in batches currently open (which is why you need to close them first).
You can easily receipt payment against the accounts in XERO, but still need to manually receipt same payment against the same invoice in IMIS. So there is an operational overhead.